Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ambient

There is an underlying hope in my soul today...and it is growing like excitement.

Today as I was leaving class one of the guidance counselors stopped me in the hall to ask how I was doing and such. He always takes time to talk with me if he sees me...he is always asking about my plans and future hopes...So we were talking about my Indiana vs. Northern choice, and he asked quite a bit about the Muncie Alliance Church internship. It is interesting talking with him about what I am doing, because he is not a Christian yet he is always so interested in what I believe and why...He was telling me about his brother who he referred to as a "born again Christian" ..that made me smile...Apparently he knows a lot of people who do missionary kind of work in other countries...But anyway towards the end of the conversation he just stopped and looked at me and then said, "This is what I suggest you do...you don't have to listen to me because It's just what I think, but do you want to know?" ...and of course I leaped at the opportunity for any kind of direction....he just said this "Go to Indiana" ...and that was it...like he said it in such an assuring, confident way. Almost like he knew exactly where I was supposed to be...And this is coming from a high school guidance counselor...those people are usually interested in getting you into college...and he was supportive of the idea of not attending a college...I found it all very encouraging..especially from someone who is not a Christian, he was telling me to go further the world for Christ basically. I know that God speaks through people all the time, and when he said "Go to Indiana" the first thing that rushed through my mind was..."Oh my God! ....you just answered my prayers" I guess I can't say for sure that it was God telling me where to go...but I do believe that all this collective encouragement must mean something...and the thought of God speaking through and using my high school guidance counselor thrills me. So that is my very long update on my future progress.

Today is one month exactly until I turn 18....haha I am so not sure why I am writing that but I am waiting on some kind of brilliance to come. I leave for Hawaii on my birthday...

Ok so this whole writing project is supposed to be about my progressing, moving, breathing, growing, learning, creating, being healthy....and so on...Lately I have not been doing that, so my apologies..but at the same time I think that it is ok to recognize those times when you aren't doing so well..when life seems it's at a stand still...or when breathing just becomes quite shallow. This journal is about life...and so guess what...I am going to write about it!

Time for some discoveries....

I came by this today and thought it was pretty awesome
http://www.jedidiahusa.com/home
I love how they are using artists to bring peace and love on earth...Jedidiah has aligned themselves with many musical artists such as Haste The Day, Josh Garrels, and Anberlin...they are also working through traditional artists, athletes, and a clothing line to bring the message of hope to our world.

This band is from Reykjavik, Iceland...and they are just so cute! there is something fun and sunshiny about their music
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=6948483
Cat Piano is probably my favorite song...how adorable!

Time I bring this to a close...

Conclusion- There is no greater Joy than that of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment