Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Movement

The sun is pouring down on me while I sit here trying to catch this blog up…with a nice mug of green tea. Yes, I know it has been such a while since I have written…I have a collection of excuses, mainly along the lines of I just couldn’t write, couldn’t find the inspiration, or the time, or motivation…blah blah…But I am back now.
The past few weeks have brought on so many changes and movements…all which I am very happy took place…These weeks have been hard, heart-breaking, confusing, frustrating, elating, violent, peaceful…full of joy. And I am happy to report that I am once again moving…breathing…
So I have begun attending a new bible study at a café/venue here in Marquette…I have fallen in love with the people and the ministry…At first just my sister and I were attending and meeting some new people...but week by week it has been growing as a lot of our friends and other students have been coming…I am so excited for what God is doing in this place with our people.
Today I started reading "Surprised by Hope" by N.T. Wright…I am only a few pages in…but his concepts and ideas seem very interesting…So I shall be writing about that later. I also finished Rob Bell’s "Velvet Elvis" …LOVE that book…please go and get a copy. It is one of the best books I have read…plus I just love Rob Bell so yeah.

There is so much I want to say…so much that I would like to express…I am just having a hard time doing that in words…So many relationships have been healing and it brings me such joy! I am so happy to have a couple of my close friends back that I had lost…I love them so much…and I am glad to be deepening my friendships with others as well…This is the time of healing.

I am soon to fill out my application for the Alliance Church in Indiana…I am so sure that this is where I am supposed to be…I always told people that I could never picture myself in any given place, doing any given thing, with any given person…I said that I was lucky if I could see myself doing next week! I can finally see myself living in the midst of His ministry…and I can see myself becoming through the ministry school in Indiana…I am still praying about this all the time, I am still keeping my mind and heart open to other options. My dad and I are going to drive down there sometime after I return from Hawaii to meet the people and for my interview. This prospect brings so much happiness to my heart and soul.

Well my tea is almost gone…and I have other things to get done before I head out for the night…I wish all of you much peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment