Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hanging loose with hawaiin cats


Aloha from another favorite city...Kihei!

I love this culture and I love this town...its small and casual...its great...

We spent today journeying through the road to Hana...So awesome and so beautiful...this road winds ( and I mean literally, dangerously winds! ) around the island of Maui...Along the way we (I, haha) decided to take a side road down into some so called town...welllll this town was like the mountian folk of the Tennessee foothills..there were some odd people with some odd living conditions in the middle of the forest...they were also like drinking..so we deffinatly turned around and got out of there...but that was a highlight of the day...But let me just tell you that the culture throughout the mountains is so awesome...everyone is so laid back, there are a ton of farms..lots of cattle, a few horses...WILD CATS...and roosters everywhere..these animals dont really belong to anyone they just roam around wild...its so cool.

I had the best night yesterday...I went to Kihei Calvary Chapel to attend some unplugged kind of service...well I get there and the whole building is dark and so I walked around just to make sure and I saw a light under one of the back doors so I opened it and there were all these college students sitting around a table eating dinner, they instantly welcomed me and gave me food..My aunt came in with me and they just loved talking to her...They were so amazing! So I stayed with them for a few hours watching a movie and eating hawaiin ice cream (which is soo good)...then I went home...but I plan to hang out with them again this week...I loved them soo much!

Alright now for some photos...
This is one of the wild hawaiin cats...I have been informed that I am not on any condition allowed to try and catch one, or attempt to bring it home....yeah.











This is in Hana..overlooking the pacific






































Peace and hang loose lovas...

1 comment:

  1. you and your cats... these pictures are amazing! i think i might like this hawaii place... it would be pretty cool if you caught one of those wild cats. i think you should give it a try

    ReplyDelete